When it comes to spiritual understanding, the truth is that while many of us crave it, few of us truly understand what it entails. Knowledge is not the same as wisdom. In fact, you can easily become acquainted with facts, truths, or principles, but you will be the polar opposite of intelligent if you do not apply this knowledge to your life. Wisdom, particularly spiritual wisdom, entails not just knowing what is good for you, but also putting that information into practice. When you do that, you’ll know you’ve reached the pinnacle of wisdom.
How Can Spiritual Wisdom Be Attained?
In the Bible, there is a narrative about Solomon, a young man who asked knowledge after God offered him anything he desired. In response to Solomon’s humble request, God spoke to him:
Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked for riches, wealth, honour, or the lives of your enemies, nor have you asked for long life—but have asked for wisdom and knowledge for yourself, so that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king— wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches, wealth, and honour that none of the kings before you have had, nor have you asked for long life— wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches (2 Chronicles 1:11-12, NKJV).
Whether or whether you are a Christian, a storey like this can still provide you with a lot of personal revelation. Wisdom, according to Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary, is “knowledge and the aptitude to make proper use of it.”
Solomon was granted riches, wealth, and prestige because he asked for (not just information) but insight into how to employ the knowledge effectively. Why? Because once you’ve figured out what to do with what you have, the universe will be more willing to give you more. “We are made smart not by the recall of our past, but by the responsibility for our future,” Irish writer George Bernard Shaw once stated. Seneca, a Roman author, verifies this, saying, “No one was ever wise by chance.”
Spiritual wisdom is beneficial to your human trifecta (mind, body, spirit). This isn’t some magical journey that only some people get to participate in. If you want to be wise, all you have to do is make the decision and follow through.
What are the Avenues of Spiritual Wisdom
SpiritualWisdom.Org/UK is a website dedicated to sharing spiritual wisdom-related information. Spiritual words of wisdom can be received in seven ways, according to the website: uncovering the meaning of existence; investigating the possibilities of life beyond death; symbolism; your spiritual life; sacred scripture; angels; and divine nature.
The Celestine Prophecy, a New York Times bestseller, likewise invites you to assume that these seven paths all lead to spiritual understanding. Nine truths are shared in this fictional book, all of which the author believes will lead to personal progress or spiritual wisdom:
The Ninth Insight is the knowledge of where we are going. All of the other revelations paint a picture of the world as a place of amazing beauty and energy, and of ourselves as people who are becoming more connected to and so recognising this beauty. We evolve as we are able to see greater beauty.
You are a spiritual entity manifesting consciousness, according to spiritual New Age wisdom. You can live out your life in a position of unconditional abundance and health if you accept a part of who you truly are. It is knowledge to know this. Spiritual wisdom is putting it into practice in your life.
Tips on Achieving Spiritual Wisdom
So, how can you start using your spiritual gift of insight in your daily life? There are numerous options, but the following seven should get you started:
1. Make a wise decision. If you want the greatest for your soul, you must first decide that you want it. Far too many people end up in crippling situations simply because they did not choose to be there.
2. Follow your gut impulses. People should trust their instincts, according to Oprah Winfrey, because there is where true insight may be found. According to self-help author Wayne Dyer, intuition is more than just a hunch. In Dyer’s opinion, instinct is a type of guidance. He believes that instinct is a way for God to communicate with us and that this inner knowing should never be dismissed. Make a conscious effort to pay to listen to the still, small voice inside you. It knows a lot more than you believe it does…about the vast majority of things.
3. Define your limits. The guidelines for how you live your life will change once you desire wisdom. You’ll start to question whether it’s a good idea to eat junk food at 10 p.m., or whether it’s a good idea to talk to your ex after he’s broken your heart three times in the last two years. The way to profound spiritual insight is guarding your soul (your feelings, heart, and desires).
4. Surround yourself with people who are wise. Intelligent counsel, wise people, and wise texts are all ways to gain wisdom. Isn’t it true that birds of a feather flock together? Do you want to be a dodo bird or an eagle?
5. Be willing to learn from your mistakes. It’s possible that the first time was an accident. It’s possible that the second time is a mistake. But what about the third time? That is an issue. Remember that being intelligent means not only that you’ve gathered information based on facts and truths, but that you’re also ready to put it to use in your life. How prudent is it to speed down a certain street after receiving a speeding ticket?
6. Learn from the mistakes of others. “Discernment precludes experience from being your teacher,” said Gail Masondo, a chaplain and activist. You don’t have to go through everything to get a valuable lesson out of it. Keep an eye on things. By enrolling in one class alone, you can get a PhD in life.
7. Make a daily decision. One of the greatest pearls of spiritual insight that life can ever give you is that you will never have all of the wisdom you require as long as you live. What you learned the day before was sufficient. Keep in mind that you will be open to new things that life wants to teach you about your environment, yourself, and others every minute. The messages you must add to keep the spiritual evolution continuing to evolve as you do.
You should be well on your way to spiritual enlightenment once you’ve applied these seven concepts to your life. It does not arrive immediately, but if you ask for it and anticipate it to arrive (because you require it), you will obtain it. Spiritual understanding will not be unattainable for you as long as the overall health of your soul remains a top concern in your life. “Many individuals try to spend their lives backwards,” actress Margaret Young once stated. They strive for more possessions or more money in order to do more of what they desire and so be happier. It actually works the other way around. To get what you desire, you must first be who you truly are, then do what you need to do.”