You take out your Samsung cellphone to capture a special occasion, but the instant you open the camera, you’re devastated. Instead of gazing at the camera app, you notice an error: security policy forbids the camera from being used.
So, how do you resolve this issue? There are several factors that could have led to this problem. We’ll show you how to fix the security policy that restricts you from using the camera in this post so you don’t miss another moment.
Troubleshooting the error
It’s critical to understand the possible sources of the mistake before attempting to resolve it.
The security policy stops the program from working, according to the error. This indicates that a third-party programme has gained access to the security policy permissions, making the camera unusable.
Another cause of this problem could be incorrect data in the camera app, which prevents the app from working properly. So, in order to resolve this error, we’ll attempt to resolve these difficulties, and hopefully, your camera will be operational again. Also : Best 5 Security Features Every iPhone User Should Know
Looking for third party applications preventing the camera from working
Follow the steps below to see if an app is accessing your phone’s security policy:
- Go to the device’s settings.
- Click on Biometrics and Security at the bottom of the page.
- Select Other security settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Device admin applications from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle the application’s access off by pressing the toggle button.
- Select Deactivate from the drop-down menu.
After you’ve completed these instructions, try restarting your smartphone and accessing the camera. If the problem persists, you can try to access the camera by booting your phone into safe mode.
Using Samsung’s safe mode to solve the issue
In some situations, a rogue program can infiltrate your iPhone and disable the camera. Here’s where Samsung’s safe mode comes into play. Also: 6 ways to fix ‘com.apple.mobilephone error 1035’ on iPhone
The operating system disables all third-party programs in safe mode, and if those apps prohibit your camera from working, it will work in safe mode.
Follow the steps below to enable safe mode:
- Keep pressing and holding the power button on your device until the power off menu appears.
- Press and hold the Power off button.
- Select Safe mode.
This will force your smartphone to reset, and all third-party apps will become inaccessible. If you can access the camera app in safe mode, then the problem is caused by a third-party application.
All you have to do to get out of safe mode is restart your device.
So, if you’re having trouble, consider deleting any new apps you’ve recently installed if you think they’re the source of the problem.
Cleaning camera data to fix the error
You must allow developer settings on your system to clear camera data on your device. Follow the methods outlined in this article to achieve the same result.
After you’ve enabled developer options, you can erase data on your camera by following the instructions below:
- Go to the device’s settings.
- Scroll down to the Developer settings section and select it.
- Quick settings developer tiles can be found by clicking on them.
- Toggle the button next to Sensors Off to the off position.
- Return to Settings and select Apps.
- Select Camera.
- Go to the Storage area.
- Clear data and Clear cache are the options.
- Return to the Camera App’s information page and select Permissions.
- If the app does not have all of the permissions, activate them all.
Restart your smartphone after completing the steps above, and the camera app should come back to life; fixing the security policy prevents the camera problem from occurring. If not, your device will need to be factory reset.
Factory reset your Samsung device
If the problem persists, you’ll have no choice except to reset your device. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the device Settings page.
- Go to General Management and choose it.
- Press the Reset button.
- Reset the factory data.
Before you factory reset your device, make sure you have a backup of all of your data on a local machine so you can restore everything.
If the camera app still doesn’t work after you’ve tried all of these options, you should take it to a customer service agent.