This article is all about how to get Xiaomi Mimoji. When Apple introduced the iPhone X with a notch, they appeared to have started a trend. Almost every smartphone maker, with the exception of Samsung, has integrated the notch in some fashion. However, while the notch was first introduced on the iPhone to house the FaceID sensors, it is nearly always present on other devices for no apparent reason (except to, maybe, look like an iPhone). While none of them appear to have secure facial scanning technology, almost all of them appear to have some sort of augmented reality implementation on their phones. Apple calls it Animoji, Huawei calls it Qmoji, Samsung calls it AR Emoji, and Xiaomi calls it MiMoji. If your phone lacks this capability, an XDA developer has discovered a way to port Xiaomi’s MiMoji to other Android handsets running Android Lollipop or later.
Apple’s version is the finest since it makes use of the FaceID 3D sensors to accurately translate facial expressions to the AR figure. Despite the lack of dedicated hardware, the others are no slouches either. Because of the similarities in the available AR avatars and even the entire interface, you could label Xiaomi’s MiMoji an Animoji clone.
When there’s plenty of light, the MiMoji port shines, but when there’s not, it struggles. The facial tracking is mediocre at best, but keep in mind that this is a port and not intended for use with other devices. Although the video preview quality in the app isn’t great, the saved footage looks great. This version, however, is a stand-alone program that will not work with your existing camera app.
- 12 MiMojis, each with a 30-second video recording.
- Change the pitch of the audio to Women, Men, or Cartoon.
- Save the video to your gallery or share it with others.
- The developer has gone above and above to make enhancements to the program that make it more user-friendly and secure.
- MIUI CTA had to be disabled in order for the app to work.
- All URLs for tracking, crashes, error reports, and A/B trials have been changed to non-existent URLs.
- This means that no information from your device will be sent to Chinese servers.
- Unlocked a Cartoon voice effect that sounds very similar to, if not identical to, the Original voice.
- Although the developer translated the software from Chinese to English, some text may be incorrect.
Download Xiaomi Mimoji Port for Android
This app may be downloaded and installed directly from the URL below or from this XDA forum. It will run smoothly on any Android device running Android 5.0 or higher.